Crowns, Veneers, and Aesthetic Dentistry
Our Calgary dentists provide extensive options for making your smile the way you have always wanted. Sometimes your smile just needs that extra touch to make it shine, and sometimes teeth just get careworn with use and age – whatever the case, Midtown Dental is proud to offer a range of treatments that can be tailored to your needs!
Crowns used in dental restorations typically take the form of a cap that rests on or around an existing tooth’s foundation. They are bonded to the jaw with a dental cement and last for years, if not decades. Receiving a dental crown typically takes two appointments. During the first appointment, your dentist will take a mold of your teeth so that a crown can be created using a shape that specifically fits your mouth. The crown will then be applied to your jaw during your second appointment.
Veneers are layers of either composite resin or dental porcelain that are fitted over the front of your teeth to enhance their appearance.
Reasons For Veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Severely discoloured or stained teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
- Unwanted or uneven spaces
- Worn or chipped teeth
As with crowns, receiving one or more dental veneers is a two-appointment process with little or no anesthesia required. During the first appointment, the teeth are buffed and re-shaped slightly to accommodate the shape of the veneer. After this, a mold will be taken, and you will determine the exact shade you would like to use. Teeth will then be cleansed to achieve a durable bond, and have veneers applied with a bonding cement and hardened with a special light beam.
Cosmetic dental treatments can:
- Change the size, shape, and alignment of certain teeth
- Fill in unattractive spaces between teeth
- Improve or correct your bite
- Lighten or brighten the colour of teeth
- Repair decayed, broken, cracked, or chipped teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments